Comparitive Study Of Types Of Wireless Networks
Exists various kinds of wireless networks as well as the speed, distance of each sort of the wireless networks.
NARROWBAND WIRELESS LANS:
Narrowband Wireless LANS maintain the radio signal frequency thinner as well as an ability to pass the info over the narrower range. Although the distance using these LANS are reasonable but nevertheless rates available are not sufficient enough fot the corporate users. The significant issue that would ocur is hindrance. However, it can be overcome by allowing individual user onto inividual frequencies.
PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES:
PCS comprises of a whole variety of phones, mobile and auxiliary communication solutions for both personal and business use. There are 2 Kinds of PCS as explained below
* NARROWBAND PCS: The size of this spectrum is smaller than broadband PCS. Narrowband PCS programs include paging, text mesaging, wireless email, wireless telemetry.
* BROADBAND PCS: this sort of PCS has bigger spectrum in contrast to narrowband PCS. Broadband PCS program include all Mobile Telephone providers and Mobile Data Services. These Mobile collection of services are available to the users via little. Mobile, multifunctional devices like digital camera, cellphones etc..
* SATELLITE: Using satellite programs, the rate would be greater ranging around 1-2 Mbps for download and upload correspondingly. The wonderful benefit of satellite programs are for their enormous coverage area, The significant disadvantage of these networks is that the delay that exists while linking. So these networks are proven to be nearly dumb when coped with the bursty traffic.
* INFRARED WIRELESS LANS: Infrared wireless LANS though have a briefer available variety, their rate range are rising from 115Kbps to 4Mbps. In the not too distant future, use of Very Fast InfraRed (VFIR) may increase the rate upto 16Mbps. These sort of LANS are employed in Laptop to PDA transfers and involving laptops.
* SPREAD SPECTRUM WIRELESS LANS: These LANS are a wideband radio frequency technique utilizing LANS. These LANS are both dependable and secure. The most popular WLAN utilized is 802.11b that runs upto 11Mbps, but the 802.11g specification can boost it upto around 22Mbps. The 802.11a with 5Ghz range can run a bandwidth around 50Mbps that may increase to 100Mbps in the not too distant future. However, the space is less thanwhat we get with 802.11b & 802.11g 2.4Ghz range, (i.e) around 300 feet or so. Usually considering these variables 802.11a is used in a shorter space outside areas while 802.11b/g are used inside.